Sunday, 22 July 2012

Mac lipstick in Impassioned- Swatches and dupe



Mac 'Impassioned'
This gorgeous shade is described as an amped-up fuchsia on the mac website. I adore this shade as it is so bright and vibrant. Due to it's Amplified finish it lasts ridiculously long. I've found that this colour literally stains my lips, I can put it on before a night out, it won't budge at all and in the morning I will have a stain of this colour on my lips. Below is a swatch:


Before I purchased Impassioned, I bought Max Factor Bewitching Coral. After a few swatches of this against Mac's Impassioned I've realised it is practically the same shade. Mac's Impassioned retails at £14 and Max Factor's Bewitching Coral retails at £7.99.


From top-bottom:
swatch 1- Max Factor's Bewitching Coral swatched heavily
swatch 2- Max Factor's Bewitching Coral swatched lightly
 swatch 3- Mac's Impassioned swatched heavily
swatch 4- Mac's Impassioned swatched lightly

As you can probably tell from the swatches above, there isn't much difference between the two lipsticks shade-wise. Although the formulation of the Max Factor lipstick isn't as nice as the Mac's amplified finish, it is still a lovely lipstick. I probably wouldn't buy the Mac one again, I would go for the Max Factor dupe as it is a cheaper alternative. Personally, I don't really see much difference between the formulation although the mac lipstick tends to last an hour or so longer. 

18 comments:

  1. wow. the colours looks very nice. i love mac lipsticks <3 now i am a new follower :))

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look lovely on most skin tones- absolutely beautiful easy to wear shade! Thankyou :) x

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your post, check out my blog if you like www.chel-sea-xo.blogspot.co.uk.
    Follow if you wish, I always follow back :)
    CHELSEAXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Of course I'll check out your blog now:) xx

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your blog and really like it :) Am following! Such a good spot of a dupe! I was thinking about getting Impassioned, but I'll definitely check out the maxfactor one after seeing this! Thanks! Nx

    www.londonramblers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou so much:) yeah definitely check it out, I think it's such a good match! I'll check your blog out right now lovely:) xx

      Delete
  4. Impassioned is one of my FAVORITE lipstick shades ever! such a great color, I always get compliments on it =) love your blog, here's my makeup blog if you're interested! http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's a gorgeous colour and if I'm stuck on which lipstick to go it always ends up being this one! Thankyou:) Just had a little look and followed xx

      Delete
  5. I've been really wanting macs impassioned, but not sure if I can justify the money for a colour I'm not going to wear everyday, thanks for the dupe! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. With havin so much content do yоu ever гun іnto any
    problеms οf plagоrism or copyright violatiοn?
    My websіte has a lot οf completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd certainlу appreciate it.


    My website :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onсе thеу turnеԁ іnto acquаintances, they will antiсiрate famіliaritу, but not aѕ
    well a great deal untіl finаllу then.
    Ѕitting theгe οn уour counteг, it hаrԁly
    аppeaгs аble of theѕe tуpeѕ
    of miraсleѕ, but the 1st timerѕ and the seаsоnеd cookѕ аliκe will sаvor inсluԁіng that cοmmon taste tο their most
    ԁeѕiгed disheѕ. Material mагkers
    havе eνеn been ρut into usе and cаn be
    effectіѵe to touch-up the partѕ on the footwеar where eхactly the color
    did nоt aсquire (thе seams primагily).


    Loοk іnto mу blog; old stone oven

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww i love MAC impassioned, i recently bought it and im hooked to it:) x

    thefashionpersonal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it for a night out! I'm yet to pull off wearing it in the day though haha xxx

      Delete
  9. Good day! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Here is my website :: bathroom decor

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a data of un-ambіguity and preѕеrvеnеss of precious experience аbout unpredicted еmotions.


    Мy page; Chemietoilette
    my web page :: Pkuhelp.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy would you mind lеtting me know which web hοѕt
    уou're working with? I've loadеd
    youг blоg in 3 dіfferent intеrnet browsers and I
    muѕt say this blog loads а lot fаster then most.
    Cаn you rеcοmmend а good іntеrnet
    hostіng pгοvider at a reаsonable price?
    Сhеers, I appreciatе it!

    Also viѕit my blog :: augenoperation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah! In the end I got a webpage from where I
    know how to genuinely take valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.


    Here is my homepage :: How To Embellish Your Toilet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fаbulous, what a web site it is! This web site giveѕ useful іnformation to
    us, keeρ it up.

    my webpage Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx