Monday, 6 August 2012

e.l.f lipsticks- 'Flirtatious' and 'Nostalgic'

-Left; 'Nostalgic' right; 'Flirtatious'-

Eyes Lips Face, also known as e.l.f, is an international cosmetics brand that sells products largely at £2, £4 and £5 price points. The brand includes skin-care products, mineral-based make-up, professional tools, lipstick, glosses, blushes, among many others. According to the company, their products are 100% "cruelty-free", and they fully support PETA's no fur campaign.

Their cruelty-free products, support for PETA and bargain prices made me extremely excited to try out this brand. When I was about 14/15, I purchased an e.l.f mineral powder foundation which I can remember enjoying, but since then I haven't been convinced into ordering more. The only thing that really put me off with e.l.f was that I couldn't have the products physically in front of me to swatch, so I was wary of how true to real life the swatches were etc. After some thought I decided to purchase four lipsticks- two from the permanent collection, one studio matte colour and one mineral lipstick. I researched swatches of all the shades before choosing them and awaited my parcel. -note: I will be reviewing the other lipsticks at a later date.-

Two of the lipsticks that I chose from the permanent collection were; 'Nostalgic' and 'Flirtatious'. 'Nostalgia' is a beige/pink nude, although I don't really suit nude lipstick, I'm still on the look out for one that I like, so I thought at £1.50, it's worth a try. 'Flirtatious' is a hot pink shade, on first glance it kind of reminded me of MAC's Viva Glam Nicki.

-Left 'Nostalgic' Right 'Flirtatious'-

Left 'Flirtatious' Right 'Nostalgic'

First off I really do not like these lipsticks at all. The formula is way too creamy that it creates a streaky mess on your lips. The formula looks fine when swatched but on your lips, it's a completely different story. When you apply them they look okay (not too fussed on the shades though to be honest), but when you rub your lips together they slide about your lips so streaks are created everywhere. I feel as if they would slide off my lips and transfer onto everything so easily if I wear them. I've read quite a lot of good reviews about these lipsticks but I am definitely not convinced. As far as I am concerned, I will be giving up a few more pounds for a much better quality lipstick from Boots.

Have you tried any e.l.f lipsticks? What is your favourite drugstore/high street lipstick brand?

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! Such a shame about the way it applies and looks on the lips:(

      Delete
  2. That's a shame they're not great quality :( Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know:( it would be amazing if they were great quality as the price is so good!x

      Delete
  3. beautiful colours! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx