Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Topshop Sunbeam highlighter

I picked up this little beauty along with a lovely red lipstick, Mischief, reviewed here. I absolutely love the packaging. I think it's so cute and quite unique to other packaging I have seen. I have quite a collection of highlighters that I have only recently accumulated but this is by far one of my favourites. 


The highlighter itself is the most gorgeous golden colour I have ever seen. It is really finely milled which makes it not only a dream to apply but gives it a natural look also.


As you can see from the photograph above, when it is quite heavily swatched the colour is pretty true to pan. But on the skin it is much more natural and subtle. I love applying this with my Real Techniques Contour brush onto my cheek bones, lightly done my nose and sometimes on the brow bone. I find that this just gives my skin a lovely healthy glow. I find it quite long wearing, much more long wearing than other powder highlighters that I have tried. Sunbeam is available from Topshop in store and online for £10.

What's your favourite highlighter?

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks gorgeous! I wish I had a Topshop somewhere near me!

    <3 Julie
    www.ohsokansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julie - That's such a shame! The Topshop make-up range is really impressive for a high street store brand <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really looked at Topshop beauty but this looks gorgeous! I am surprised at how pigmented it is :)
    Just found your blgo and now following :)

    Zoe xxx
    Zoe Lianne Beauty + Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I don't really use a highlighter, but I'm considering it for fall. I like how this color looks really versatile for lots of skin tones.

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zoe Lianne- It's so pigmented and lasts ages on the skin as well! You should definitely check their collection out, they have some really good stuff in there!xxx

    @Ezi0- Definitely give it a go, I'm sure you'll love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so pretty! its been on my wishlist for so long along with the RT brush, maybe i'll just buy both. great post (: x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to get a 'sunbeam' kind of highlighter rather than the original one.
    Definitely going to look into getting this now.

    I'm having a Christmas giveaway over on my blog if you'd like to have a look http://picklejarsxo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/christmas-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx