Saturday, 17 November 2012

Benefit Hervana- 'a good karma face powder'


With my beloved blusher collection quickly over taking my make-up collection, I thought I wouldn't find a blush that I would want to wear every day for the rest of my life. But I have. This is the prettiest blush I have ever used and I don't think I'll ever find another that I like as much.


When the four shades- 'lucky shell', 'divine peach', 'heavenly rose' and 'berry delight' blend together it creates a gorgeous rosy colour on the cheeks which compliments many skin tones, especially paler girls. I absolutely adore this shade, the berry tone mixed with the pinky peach means it looks gorgeous for Autumn/winter. I feel blushes that lean more rosy pink rather than pinky peach suit my pale skin tone much nicer.

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/hervana - image from Benefit
When I swatched this shade, I really didn't think much of it. When it's swatched it looks a lot lighter, less rosy and just a pale, peachy pink. I'm so glad the lady on the counter tried it on me, because on the skin it looks so gorgeous. The pictures and swatches really do not do this justice. This is now my go to blush if I want to have the natural, flushed, rosy cheek look.

I do think that like most Benefit products, the blushes are expensive. But the amount of product that you get for the price, the amazing pigmentation and the longevity make me think that it is worth the price. Benefit box powders last forever, I had Coralista for christmas last year and have used it almost every day (until Hervana came along of course) Although I have hit pan, it will not be finished for a very long time.

Next on the list is Dallas. Have you tried any of Benefit's boxed powders? What did you think?

12 comments:

  1. I have a few benefit products and after this post i definitely want to try a few more!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a list as long as my arm of benefit products!!
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Hervana is one of the best blushes!
    Definitely a must have!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've wanted to buy this for the longest time and your review has made me want it more.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go! Be careful that the person on the counter doesn't apply it too heavily though because it kind of put me off. It looks lovely when it's subtle
      xxx

      Delete
  4. That looks so pretty. It's the blush that has interested me the most from Benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too actually, especially because it's their newest one!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this review, this looks so pretty! I just started following your lovely blog. xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blush! That is my only Benefit cosmetics product I have but I am in love!
    Good choice :)

    Hannah xx
    lovefashionobsessoverbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx