Monday, 29 April 2013

Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm- my thoughts


























There is a time in your life when something amazing happens. Despite having the world's worst day ever imagined, I came home to this little beauty in my post box. It was love at first application.

Having never ever tried a lip balm like this consistency-wise as it is quite thick, I've always gone for light lip balms to apply through the day, I was quite intrigued to try this out. I was looking for a balm that was nourishing enough to use in my night time skincare routine- and I've found the perfect one. 

The smell is actually amazing. It smells like lemons but not in a artificial and cheap way. The scent is very delicate and I really like it. The balm itself, as I said earlier, is thick in consistency but it does blend evenly when applied to the lips. You only need a tiny bit to nourish your lips amazingly so I can tell this will last for ages as it is quite a big pot!

























Now I have wanted this for a very long time and previously I thought that £9.50 was a bit excessive for a lip balm. But now I have it, I can definitely say that I will be repurchasing this when it runs out because it is amazing quality and you get a lot of product for the price. A regular lip balm, for example a Korres Lip butter retails at £8.00 for 6g. Nuxe Reve de Miel is £9.50 for 15g so the value for money is really good.

I apply this before bed and by the time I wake up, my lips are still really nourished and soft. I don't feel the need to use lip balm before every lipstick I apply now, which I had to do before as my lips were quite dry. My lips feel in a much better condition now and I don't know what I'd do without it now- slightly dramatic but you get the point. 

I've been going a bit lip balm mad recently, what are your favourites?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh this sounds amazing! I thought it was expensive too, but I didn't think twice buying one of the Korres lipbutters for half the contents! Fantastic review lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the money, it will last ages! Thank you lovely
      xxxx

      Delete
  2. I was sceptical when I was reading so many things about this, however I did buy it in desperation as nothing was helping my chapped lips. I'm so so glad I purchased this and I can guarantee I will re-buy it unless something even better comes along; I think it is a fantastic product :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth the hype that it has been getting isn't it :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I have been dying to try it and I just ordered it!
    I can't wait to write a review, everyone has been loving it.

    www.cocoamourr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx